Dear self, this is why you should not binge
1. Your nervous system hates it - I have a fairly consistent sleep pattern of falling asleep at 11:30PM and waking up at 7:30AM. I’m not tired when I wake up and I generally don’t have any trouble falling asleep. Because I binged last night, I couldn’t fall asleep until 3AM. It wasn’t like I was distracted by the computer or anything; my body just refused to fall asleep. I got the WORST motherfucking migraine ever (probably from the sleep deprivation) and yet I tossed and turned in my bed, restless. This morning I woke up at 9AM and I can’t fall back asleep. I’m feeling so lethargic that I’m barely functional, which is why I’m not at school today.
2. Your digestive system hates it - Mmmm bloating. Mmmm indigestion. Mmmm nausea. Mmmm disturbing bowel movements. I have no appetite, I feel like puking, and the thought of food makes me want to curl up and die. Another reason why I’m not at school today.
3. Your weight hates it - Guess who woke up at 113.0 pounds! This girl! Which means tomorrow I’ll weigh around 111, thus resetting my progress I made last week. Sure, binges don’t ruin weeks of progress, but they sure ruin one week of hard work. Seeing as I binge every week or something, this is problematic. Hah. My goal weight is seeming rather impossible to reach at this point.
4. Your mind hates it - Bingeing is self sabotage. It’s mental torture. It’s hard to avoid the feelings of guilt because I still recall how I felt when I binged last night. Since I tell others to recognize why they binged… well for me it was a combination of stress and boredom. I had a lot of homework, but after supper I chose to watch TV (the next great baker was on, so that wasn’t a big help either). That’s what always happens when I binge at home. To work on next time - after supper, GO DO YOUR SHIT, SELF. DON’T PROCRASTINATE.
5. Your skin breaks it - I love breaking out…. -_-
6. Your academics hate it - I’m missing school because I feel ridiculously sick. Intense migraine, nausea, bloating, and lethargy. It’s like I’m suffering from some super flu. Final exams are coming up and this is probably the worst time to miss school.
Okay. That was supposed to be some self analysis/reflection/therapy. I hope writing that out will make me less likely to binge in the future. I never realized how terribly consuming large quantities of unhealthy food really affected my mind and body. I should print out this list and carry it with me everywhere… hmm, that’s actually not a bad idea.
On the bright side now I have a whole day to finish my massive amount of homework? :D Provided, if I can focus. Ahahaha oh god. Goal of rest of January: Do not binge.